Sunday, August 14, 2011

Welcome!

Since I was a small child, I have had an intense passion for music! I owe it to my parents who had great taste in their tunes.  Grew up jamming to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers (my all time favorite), Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Eagles, Pink Floyd, Police, Steve Winwood and John Mellencamp to name a few.  In the late 90s, I started getting into Dave Matthews, Wallflowers, Sheryl Crow, Indigo Girls, Phish, Counting Crows and some Dead. With age, I grew an appreciation for "jam bands."

First live concert I went to, I was in 5'th grade and saw Hootie and the Blowfish (don't laugh!) with my father and stepmother at Sandstone Amphitheater in Bonner Springs, KS.  After seeing my first live show, I was hooked. I continued to buy their albums, hang their posters on my bedroom walls, and learn every senseless fact about the band down to their birthdays. Darius Rucker (lead singer) and I shared the same birthday! I was hooked on live music!

Today, my husband I and share the same passion for music and try to go to as many shows as time, work, and school allows! Between classic rock shows, jam bands, and 80's bands, we have filled our summers with shows. If you share this passion for music as well, thought you may enjoys some of our experiences. In the past four years, we have seen Huey Lewis, Fleetwood Mac, Phish, Jason Mraz, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, James Taylor, Widespread Panic, Umphrey's McGee, Pat Benatar, REO Speedwagon, Styx, Foreigner, Journey, Def Leppard and many more. I have a collection of pictures, setlists, and more senseless facts so I decided to start blogging to write about the shows, embed some clips, upload some pictures, write about the setlists and review shows (just give my two cents...whatever that is worth!).

Yesterday, I went with one of my best friends to 2011's Farm Aid at Livestrong Park in Kansas City and it inspired me to start this blog. It is all for the love of LIVE! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment